Well, as I’m relatively new to the whole blogger awards thing – just bear with me for this little post! I was nominated recently for The Liebster Award by a lovely blogger gal named laurenscully. Basically, to accept this award I have to do certain things. This includes answering a set of questions that my nominator has created for me and also picking some nominees of my own!
Let’s start off with some rules for my nominees:
1. Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking the fabulous person who nominated you.
2. Include the Liebster Awards sticker (like the one above) in your post.
3. Nominate 10 other new bloggers with less than two-hundred followers who you think are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
4. Answer the ten questions asked by the person who nominated you and then make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
5. Lastly, copy these rules into your post.
Now to answer Lauren’s questions for me!
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging at the Christmas of 2014, mainly because it was around then that I realised that I could do something with my passion for fashion, beauty and writing; combine them! Blogging has been such a rewarding experience for me – I’ve made new links, new friends, I’ve been a brand-ambassador for countries and, mostly, it’s the fact that my voice gets heard. Also, it’s a great procrastination device and the biggest stress-reliever that I know of.
2. What is your favourite item of clothing?
You do not understand how hard this question is for me! I think I’m going to have to name a few… Sorry! Foremost, I’d choose the gorgeous DKNY sherpa gilet that I purchased last weekend at Bicester Village; I’m a sucker for textures and it’s just so soft! Apart from that – I love my black leather Dune boots, I seriously could not live without them and, finally, my ridiculously expensive Victoria Secret bra because it is just crazily soft and comfortable – I almost can’t tell it’s on!
3. What makeup item could you not live without?
I’m struggling to decide between my eyebrow pencil or concealer. Spots and imperfections really get on my nerves, so my MAC Select Moisturecover concealer is great for that (I’m considering getting a heavier concealer, maybe a cream one – any recommendations?). However, my MAC Brow Pencil in Lingering is something that I actually feel naked without. My natural brows are just too light!
4. What’s your favourite highend makeup brand?
WHY ARE THESE SO DIFFICULT!!!! Chanel for lips, Too Faced and Benefit for eyes and MAC/bareMinerals for the base. Sorry, I just cannot pick a favourite – I genuinely fall in love with any pretty makeup item.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
San Francisco, without any doubts. I’ve visited two times now and I adore the place; it’s almost like a pretty and less stressful New York. The temperature in summer is perfect, not too hot or cold, and there is PLENTY to do! Not far from the Cali beaches, but with thriving shops…For me it’s the perfect city.
6. What’s your current favourite song?
My best friend, Anna, and I went to see them live just a couple of months ago and the atmosphere was like no other. Serious music to cheer you up and dance around the house to.
7. What’s your favourite online clothing store?
Fully online: ASOS, because, well they just do everything. But my favourite shop that is ‘online’ to me (because the closest one for me, is on Oxford Street about 4 hours away), is Pull and Bear. I first discovered them on a little trip to France and since then have fallen in love.
8. What is one thing you like most about blogging?
The thing I like most about blogging is the fact that I can make other people happy and help them just by sitting in bed and typing. Well, I am wonderfully lazy, you should all know that my now!
9. What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
Umm, I like the fact that I’m a fighter. I’ve had some pretty tough times these past two years with a monster called mental illness and it’s so easy to just give up, but I never did and I always kept trying no matter how damn horrible it was. Yes, I’m proud of myself for carrying on and whipping anxiety’s ass and, no, I’m not afraid to speak out about it.
10. What is your biggest fear?
Mannequins. I HATE MANNEQUINS! Madame Tussauds is basically my nightmare. I’m not entirely sure why and since when I’ve been scared of these life-like creatures, but I think their likeliness to actual humans is the thing that makes me feel so uncomfortable. It’s still as scary to me to day as is was when I was 4!
Now for my nominees!
I nominate the following jazzy people:
My questions for you are:
- What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
- If you had to give one beauty tip to me – what would it be?
- What/who inspires you and why?
- What is your favourite luxury fashion brand?
- You can have one pair of shoes for the rest of your life – it doesn’t matter if you have them already or not – but what would they be?
- What do you love the most about blogging?
- What is your favourite hair product?
- Why do you follow Irregular Collection?
- Which area of makeup do you love more eyes or lips? And what is your favourite product for whatever area you choose?
- What is your life motto and why?
Have fun and stay wonderful,
p.s. Don’t forget about my giveaway taking place at the moment! The winner will be announced in two weeks, so enter quick! On instructions how to enter, click here.